Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baby G is kicking

Now technically Baby G has been kicking for quite some time but I have not been able to feel it. Well, that has all changed.
Last night I was in Baby G's bedroom reading to him "Love you Forever" while I rocked in the rocker.
This used to be one of my favorite books when I was a kid. It is a touching story of love between a mother and son and I actually got tears in my eyes as I read it to Baby G last night.



I finally got to the last page of the book still with tears in my eyes and read the famous words again, 'I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

And right at that moment - BOOM! I felt a large kick. I was frozen in shock at what had just happened. I almost didn't believe it was true so I sat there for a few seconds and then I felt two more little kicks. Then I yelled for Mr. G to come quick.

Mr. G ran into Baby G's room and I told him to put his hand on my tummy because Baby G was kicking. We sat that way for a while. I had felt a few more little kicks but nothing hard enough for Mr. G to feel it. Then I told Mr. G to talk to him. So Mr. G said, "Kick daddy, Baby G. Come on. You can do it. Kick daddy."

And then - BOOM! We both felt the largest kick. Our eyes got real big and tears started to form as we looked at each other. I said, "That's Baby G."

It was one of the most amazing moments of my life. I had been waiting for so long to be able to feel this lil guy inside of me and I must say that it was worth the wait.

Let Praise be to God for the wonderful miracle He has created inside of me. We are so blessed.

No comments: