Thursday, December 13, 2012

Santa Clause

For the last week I have been preparing the boys for this day.  I have talked about Santa Claus and how nice he is and that he is definitely not scary.  I even showed them pictures of other smiling kids sitting on Santa's lap.  I did this in hopes that our visit with Santa Claus today at the library would not have any tears.
 I was so excited that Mr. G was able to come along to the library with us.  When we first got there we had our normal story time and then the kids were able to just hang out around the library for 10 minutes or so until Santa and Mrs. Claus arrived.
 A lot of kids took that time to do puzzles or check out books.  Not my boys.  They enjoyed falling face first into the bean bags.
 But they sure were having fun.
 Then Ms. Sharon asked that we all come and sit down while she read The Night Before Christmas.  And right at the end of the book in walked....
 Santa and Mrs. Claus.....  And instantly came a loud scream coming straight from....
 Baby G.
 Mr. G ended up taking Baby G to the back of the library to calm him down while Santa and Mrs. Claus talked to the children.
 I guess my plan on preparing the boys for Santa worked on one lil boy as my nephew did a fantastic job.
 Baby G, however, wanted no part of it.
 Mrs. Claus tried to pry Baby G away but it was no use.  Baby G's grip was just too strong.
 While all this was going on I looked back at my nephew and I hear him say, "I want Thomas!"  Good job, buddy!!!!
 One last picture!  I love that smile!
The boys each got a little goody bag and then we were done.  I was glad that my nephew had such a good experience and I am hopeful that next year Baby G will too.
Ho Ho Ho!!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love it! I laughed out loud when Baby G was crying...sorry. That was too funny! Thanks for taking the boys! I can't wait to talk about it tonight!! xxx's

Mrs. G said...

That's okay. We were laughing too. I can't say too much because I was the parent taking a picture of their son crying. But it was just too darn cute.