Wednesday, July 13, 2016

2016 Fourth of July

 Starting this post off a little on the sad side.  Little G fell and busted his face on our driveway.  I had been inside giving one of the kids a bath when I heard Little G crying.  I went to check on him and Mr. G was holding him.  I asked if he was okay honestly thinking he was probably just throwing a fit for not getting something he wanted.  Then Mr. G turned around and I saw blood all over his white shirt.  Mr. G immediately started reassuring me that Little G was okay but he had fallen on his face on the concrete.  I freaked.  There was sooooo much blood.  It was still shooting from his nose and I could tell his lip was cut but I didn't know how bad yet.
 Praise God that about 5-10 minutes later we were able to get the blood to stop and were able to see that he was in fact going to be okay.  But he sure did look pitiful.
 He ended up with a swollen and scratched up nose and a cut on his lip that turned to a blister.  It took over a week but he eventually healed up nicely.
 I got my hair highlighted and trimmed and Sissy wanted to get her hair done just like me.  Taking a selfie with my little mini-me.
 Goofy girl wearing her fake glasses and fake green hair.
 I have started making all my meals in advance and putting them in the freezer.  This has saved us so much money and time in the long run and the meals are good.  I'm definitely going to keep doing these freezer meals.  It will be a great thing to have for when Baby G comes.
 Sissy G getting her toenails painted by our neighbor.
 They were red and blue for the fourth of July.  Sissy was beyond excited about her pretty nails.
 Ornery smile.
 Conked out.
 Celebrated Gampa's birthday.... #60.
 Another conked out picture.  I love this sleeping baby.
 Ready for the Fourth of July.  Our cute lil Americans.
 We wanted to go to Irvington fireworks like we always do but it had been raining terribly all day.  We thought for sure the fireworks would be cancelled but just before 9pm the rain stopped and we were told the fireworks were still on.  None of our other family was going to be there so we decided to go but stay in the car and watch them from there.
 Bubby was still very excited. 
When the fireworks were almost over Sissy yelled out that she needed to poop.  Usually when she says she needs to poop it actually means she needs to pee so since we weren't anywhere near a restroom I took her out to the tree next to our car.  She had her nightgown on and quickly got in position to pee.
 Just then the big firework finale started and it was loud and bright.  Sissy stood there covering her ears and too scared to pee.  The fireworks finally ended but Sissy still hadn't peed and cars were started to leave to go home.  I tried to hurry her along but it turned out that when she said she needed to poop....she actually meant she needed to poop.  I quickly grabbed her up and put her underwear back on and said we need to find a bathroom.  She was screaming and I was trying to hurry but just as I put her back in her car seat...she pooped.  At that point I gave up and we drove home to clean her up there.  Not at all how I thought our fourth of July would go.
 The next morning was the fourth of July parade in town.  We are a part of a Tuesdays group where the week before we all made red, white, and blue tie-dye shirts to wear to the parade.  Even though they all turned out more pink and purple than red, white, and blue....the kids were still excited.
 Little G even got a shirt.  We were thankful Mr. G got the day off and could spend the day with us.
 All the kids waiting for the parade to start.
 Bubby waving at the parade as they pass by.
 Sissy waving.
 Then the candy started coming and all the kids were up and ready to get as much as they could.
 Sissy was a bit shy but was thankful for all the candy.
 Saying "hi"
 Picking out a sucker.
 Look who came down for the parade....
 It was Santa Claus.
 Candy candy candy
 Sissy was getting more comfortable running out in the street for candy.
 Enjoying his sucker.
 The kids were super pumped to see some animals in the parade.
 Comparing their candy stash.
 Little G is very big into waving at people.
 Later that day while Little G was sleeping I walked down to a playground with the older two.  This was their first time on a real teeter-totter.  They had a blast.
 Do you see who I see???  Nana and Gampa got some nice seats to a Cardinals game and made it on tv several times.
 That night we headed to our friends house for fireworks.  Just before it got dark the kids enjoyed running up and down the ditch.
 His face was looking much better at this point...just a little bit of a blister left.
 The people next to us were shooting off their own fireworks.
 The kids were amazed.
 And Little G wanted to touch them. 
 Getting glow sticks out to play with.
 They were all decked out.
 Watching the fireworks in mom's lap.
 We were sitting at a perfect spot.
 I think he was excited.
 Sitting with dad to watch fireworks.
 I think the kids watched maybe a minute worth of fireworks before running around and playing with their glow-sticks.
The drive home was pretty quiet as all three kiddos fell asleep.  It wasn't the Fourth of July that I was used to.  We really didn't enjoy the fireworks like usual but it was still fun and memorable. 

No comments: