Thursday, September 9, 2010

Picnic with Hubby


"So...Mom...this little road trip you said we were going on...it is really fun so far. I get to sit on your lap and stare out the window. Sometimes you even roll down the window so I can stick my head out and smell the fresh air. I really like road trips."


"Duh, Marley...road trips are the best, don't you know. Hey, Mom, would you care if I grow up to be like Dad. I want to be just like him...wouldn't that be fun."

"Mom, I just want to say thanks again for this road trip. I know you act like you don't like my kisses on your face but I think you actually do....you are just playing hard to get."


This is where we chose to have our picnic. This is a special place because it is the place where everything has happened for Mr. G and I. This is where he first said he loved me...this is where he even proposed...and this is where we went for our little road trip and picnic. Mr. G and I fixed our supper and packed it up for the road. We took Mr. G's truck so we could sit on the tail gait and watch the sun set while we ate. We had hoped it would be romantic, but the boys kept that from happening.




But the sunset was still beautiful. God did it right...didn't he. We couldn't take our eyes off the sky because he was constantly changing with the clouds and different colors. I loved it.




Unfortunately, Marley hated it. He was terrified the whole time. He was so cared that at one point he jumped out of my arms and took off running with his tail between his legs. We both chased after him and by the time we caught him we realized that he had led us to a really cool beach. It was somewhere we had never been before. It had soft sand and need stumps laying around to sit on. Somebody else must have been there recently because there was an old campfire there too. It was perfect. Mr. G and I just stared at the water and the sunset and watched Mickey as he hunted around.





I honestly don't know what Mickey would do if he ever actually found something. He is such a scaredy cat most of the time, but he does like a little adventure now and again.



Marley, on the other hand, wanted no part of it. He would hide his head under my arm as a way to protect himself. Poor Marley.


And then there is this guy. I wonder what he is thinking. It is weird that we have been married almost a year and a half and just the thought of him can bring a smile to my face. He is one special guy and even though he has his head up in the clouds sometimes (haha - get it), he will always be my sweetheart.



I think one reason that Marley was a bit scared......actually terrified, was because of these big birds flying around the water. I am guessing that before we adopted Marley he had a bad encounter with a bird...just a wild guess.




"Yepee...we are headed back toward the truck which means we are getting out of this place. That is the best news I've heard all night."




"Hey...when did that amazing sunset get there. I just now noticed it."
And then we were off on our way home...unfortunately our ride home was interrupted by some road construction...joy joy.





We had gone about 5 miles per hour for 10 minutes when we both decided we should just exit at the next exit and take HWY 37 home. As soon as we exited we realized that the construction ended probably 20 yards in front of us. So we quickly turned onto the on ram and hopped back on the interstate for home.
Now...I had told you about how scared Marley was, well, I took a video of him panicking when we wouldn't let him up on the truck bed with us. He was very VERY upset and you can tell that Mickey is loving it all. Watch and see for yourself.

No comments: