Monday, November 15, 2010

Baby on the Way!!!

The day has finally come when I can tell you that Mr. G and I are expecting our first child. I can't tell you what joy it gives me to be able to say that. I have waited for this day for so long and finally the day is here and Mr. G and I could not be happier.

Back in August Mr. G and I decided to start trying for children. September I took a pregnancy test at 4:00 in the morning and it came back positive. I had a feeling that I was pregnant but I didn't know if my mind was playing with me or if it was for real, so once I saw the positive test I knew I was right. I am pregnant. I waited to tell Mr. G until after he got off work that day. We went for a picnic at our favorite spot on the shores of Rend Lake. It was the same spot that Mr. G first said he loved me and where he proposed to me. We sat on the back of his truck talking and eating our lunch when I turned to him and said, "This place is where you first said you loved me, where you proposed to me, and where I told you that you are going to be a daddy."

At first Mr. G just smiled and then he looked at me confused and said, "What did you said." I then I told him that I am pregnant. He was so happy. He hugged me so tight with tears in his eyes and then kissed me ever so gently. It was the perfect moment. We spent the rest of the day telling family.

Now that I am 11 weeks and 1 day along I believe that it is time to finally tell you guys. In fact, today I went to the doctor and we were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had. To hear a living being inside of me brought tears to my eyes. I will never forget that sound.



"Thank you, Lord, for this precious gift that you gave us. We know that this is a blessing straight from you and we will do our best to honor you with this child every day of our lives. We know that you have a purpose for this child and we look forward to being a part of your wonderful plan. I pray you bless the remainder of this pregnancy and bless this child as he/she grows into who you want them to be."



Mr. G took a short video of us at the doctor today. It isn't very long but in the background you can hear the faint sounds of a lil heartbeat.....our lil baby's heartbeat.





No comments: