Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

The Saturday after Thanksgiving has become our day to put up Christmas decor. We both have been looking forward to having the Christmas tree up in our house for weeks. We have been playing Christmas music since right after Halloween so you can imagine the excitement when we finally were able to put the tree up.

Unfortunately, Thanksgiving morning Mr. G pulled a muscle in his back working out so he wasn't feeling very good all day today. And I have been dealing with a bad case of morning sickness yesterday and today so I wasn't feeling great either. In fact, I took a nap from 11 to 3 in the afternoon and I woke up still tired and feeling nauseous. Mr. G and I then played a game of rummy and he killed me, which didn't make me feel any better.

Then I made supper. I made myself a healthy veggie omelet with all organic vegetables and eggs. Then I made Mr. G an egg burrito with his cheese, jalapenos, and sour cream. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the sour cream expired in June of 2010, but I told him it should be okay. I guess it tasted pretty sour so that didn't make him feel much better.

But then the big moment came after supper. We put on "Polar Express" and started assembling the Christmas tree.

After the tree we put out all our Christmas decor. There is something about a house filled with Christmas stuff. It just feels more homey. It was especially exciting putting the Christmas stuff up this year since this is our first Christmas without the wall in the center of our house. Plus, this is our first Christmas with Marley. He walked around while we were putting everything up investigating everything. Then he turned and looked at us as if to say, "You guys are crazy." But I am sure he will love Christmas when he gets his special Christmas bone Christmas morning.

Well, now that our house screams Christmas I have sat down to blog about it and Mr. G is lying on the couch with a heating pad on his back. Every now and again I will hear him moan and I will realize that the heating pad has fallen off, so I will go and reposition it for him. It is amazing how old we are already getting.

One more exciting thing about this Christmas is thinking about next Christmas when our lil one is here, God willing. Oh what a wonderful Christmas that will be. Until then Mr. G and Marley and I .....and Mickey when he gets the chance to come over....will enjoy this wonderful time of the year.


No comments: