Friday, June 11, 2010

First Pick of the Year


I went out to the garden today and found these. Our first batch of green beans. Now, this isn't just the first batch of the year, this is the first batch of our marriage. We moved into our home in August of last year so it was too late to plant a garden. We have been anxious all winter to start our first garden and finally June 11 we have our first pickings. I know this may sound corny, but I feel like I should pray for our harvest. Even though it is small, it is truly a gift from God. On day 3 about 6 thousand years ago God made grass, flowers, and plants, and here we are today still benefiting from that blessing.

Dear Lord, thank you for this first picking of green beans. We know they are straight from you. Thank you that Matt and I are able to enjoy the blessings of a garden this year and thank you for the blessing of my dad who has kept the garden going. These green beans would not be here today if it wasn't for him. I pray for the farmers who are truly making a living off of their harvest and I pray that they will be blessed. I love you, Lord. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Now, I must go start the stove top and cook these delicious green beans. I am so excited. I feel like I am on Little House on the Prairie!

No comments: