Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Grandma's Flower


This is a gorgeous flower that now sits in my front yard.

The amazing thing is this flower just looked like a giant weed as of yesterday. I could see the potential for a bright beautiful flower but I had no idea when this flower would finally decide to bloom, if ever.

There is a wonderful story though behind this flower that you don't know.
I was given this plant from my grandma Bonnie. My grandma has many flowers in her yard and she tends to them often. About 2 months ago she decided to take out a bulb and give it to me to put in my front yard. I was worried that doing this would eventually kill her plant, but she reassured me that her flower will be just as big and will continue to grow and prosper, she just wanted to share this beautiful plant with me.
The best part about this story is that my grandma has planted many more seeds in my life than she will ever know. From a little girl she has shared the love of Jesus with me and has taught me so much about what it means to be a Christian woman. In fact, I am so blessed that I have two grandma's that have shared so much of their faith with me that I know I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for these two women.
A grandma's love is so special that it is even mention in the Bible in a letter written by Paul to Timothy.
"I have been reminded of you sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. (2 Timothy 1:5)
The sincere faith that started with my grandma's has been passed down to my mom and dad, which in turn has been passed down to me. And God-willing I hope to continue to pass the seed on to my children.
It would've been easier for my grandma to take care of her flower in her yard instead of going through the trouble of taking out a bulb, wrapping it up, and transporting it to my yard. She still could've enjoyed the beautiful flower she had without all the trouble, but she chose instead to pass that wonderful blessing on so that I can also enjoy its beauty and its grace.
Thank you Grandma!!!

No comments: