Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mr. G #23

This was a big day in the G household because it was Mr. G's 23rd birthday. I think I was as excited as Mr. G. This was Mr. G's first birthday married and I wanted to make it special. I asked him if he wanted a party at our house with friends and family and he said that he would enjoy that, but he would rather it be just him and I. So...I knew I had to make it special and I was actually nervous about it.

To the left you see the gifts that Mr. G received on his birthday. I don't know why the flowers are in there. That was not part of the gifts but it does add some color. To the right you see the homemade chicken and noodles I made him. That was a special request by Mr. G. I ended up using the Duggar chicken and noodles (From 19 Kids and Counting) and it turned out pretty good. Although, I just realized that Mr. G has never asked for it again.
And, of course, in the middle you will find my hunky husband, Mr. G.


Now as I planned this birthday bash for my man I had of course planned the perfect homemade birthday cake. I got all the stuff to make it (the box and the icing) And I made a delicious cake, but I had never decorated a cake before. When I was a little girl I always loved to see the design that my mom and dad would make on my birthday cake. We couldn't afford a store bought cake, but that didn't bother us any because mom and dad's homemade cake was always better. So, that is what I wanted to accomplish for Mr. G.

Well, let me just say that you should never judge a book by its cover, or a cake by its icing in this case. The cake actually tasted delicious even though I couldn't fit "birthday" on it, and the entire thing looks like a 3 year old did it. Apparently, I am bad at making a circle. I thought I was suppose to learn that skill in Kindergarden, but obviously the ability to make a circle did not stick with me.


Now, I don't know why this picture is on the side, or maybe I purposefully made the picture this way because my cake looks better from this angle. No, it still looks bad from this angle. Let me just add that it was really hard to push the icing through the little hole. I was actually worn out by the end. Luckily, Matt still loved the cake and we ate it all in just a couple days. Maybe next year his cake will look a little better, but I won't be expecting to make it to any cake decorating show anytime soon.


No comments: