Sunday, August 24, 2014

Preacher Boy

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
Colossians 3:16
Being brought up in the church like I was, it was a given that every Sunday you would put on your Sunday go-to-meetin' clothes and gather together with your church family.  Now that I am older with a family of my own, it excites me to get to share this with our children.  Bubby is only three years old and church is seen as basically a play date with his friends.  He is blessed with a lesson and crafts and snacks but I know that his understanding of why we are there isn't fully grasped yet.  However, recently we have started seeing a huge interest in Bubby to know more about Jesus. 
This lil cardboard house in our living room has been used as a pretend house for Bubby G and Sissy G but this past week Bubby turned that lil house into a lil church.  In the above picture he is walking into church (of course in his underwear....ALWAS in his underwear) with his Bible in hand.
His church had a pulpit where he sat his Bible and where Bubby led songs and gave the sermon.
His church had a congregation.  And later he added a small piano for Mr. Bear to play during the song service.
Once he had it set up the way he wanted it he then stood outside the church and waited for people to come.  Here he is asking if I'd like to come to his church.  Of course, I didn't turn down this invitation.
Picture came out blurry but you can see Bubby teaching us The Word.  I believe his sermon consisted of, "God is good, all the time.  All the time, God is good."  That is something Bubby and I have been saying together a lot, especially after the diagnosis of Nana's cancer. 
Sissy G sat in with me during the service.  Bright eyed....but a lil a sleepy.

I got to attend the first service that Bubby had for the day, as there were many.  But for some reason I was not allowed back in the lil church for any of his other services.  I, however, was able to snatch a quick video of his song service.

Bubby G's Church Service Video

The song that Bubby was singing in case you didn't recognize it was The Hippopotamus Song... definitely one of his favorites.  You'll notice Sissy G makes her way into church fashionably late and helps out a little with the hand gestures to keep the congregation on beat.  I must say I felt revived after attending this church service.  Makes you wonder what the Lord has in store for these lil ones.

No comments: