Thursday, October 27, 2011

Learning To Sit Up

Every day is a new adventure with Baby G.  Today's adventure was trying to sit up.  We have been practicing for a little while now and Baby G is getting closer and closer with each day.  There are times when he can sit up for up to 30 seconds all by himself and other times as soon as he sits up he falls right back down.  Today we went on Mr. G and my bed to practice.
 One of the first things I've learned about trying to teach Baby G something new is to first make sure he is in a good mood.  If he is tired or hungry then there is no use trying to teach him anything, but he was all smiles today so we started practicing.
 I put pillows around him to make his falls a little softer.
 Someday he won't need those pillows around him.

But right now he still does.  Of course he falls to the one side that I hadn't put a pillow. (Notice the black and white furry animal in the background....Marley has found his way into yet another photo)
Baby G is right back up again....although he's leaning a little forward...and yet some how he landed...
Backward, but he had a soft landing.  I guess we will just have to keep practicing.  I think he is doing a great job especially considering he is only 4 1/2 months old.  I am very proud of him and I know Mr. G is too.

Learning To Sit Up Video

1 comment:

heidileanne said...

Oh Mr. G those cheeks have me mesmerized! What a precious baby boy you have and so big trying to sit up at only 4 1/2 months! Way to go big guy!