Thursday, July 22, 2010

Driving Home

What makes an 18 hour drive worse?.....Rain. And not just a light drizzle...I am talking cats and dogs here. While driving back home we encountered a down pour. It only lasted about an hour or so, but it was heavy and it was a bit scary. Cars were pulling over along the side of the road. Everyone had their emergency flashers on. We weren't going much over 30 the entire time, but unlike everyone else, I wasn't worried. I had Mr. G behind the wheel and I knew everything would be ok.
Eyes on the road and the perfect 10-&-2 positioning of the hands. He had everything under control. You can see just how intense the situation is by the expression on Mr. G's face. Luckily, we made it through the storm and were excited to see what was on the other side.

Off in the distance you can see the red, yellow, and blue lines that make up a faint rainbow. I still find rainbows amazing and fascinating because they are a wonderful reminder that God is still with us. No matter what storms we may pass through, no matter what heartache we face in this world, God is always there. Even a promise that he made to Noah thousands of years ago still stands strong today.
Our vacation is officially over and we are back home. With all the time I had to think during our trip and our two 18 hour drives, I have been reminded to slow down and enjoy life. Be thankful for everything I have and stop thinking about tomorrow. Everyday is special and everyday is a chance to let my light shine for God. That is a wonderful reason to be excited to get up every morning. So even though our trip is over I am revived with a new excitement for the Lord.
Storms will inevitably come but I live believing there will always be a rainbow on the other side.


No comments: