Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hold me, Daddy


Hold me, Daddy
And never let go.
I need you, Daddy
More than you could ever know.
You are my hero, Daddy
There is nothing you can't do.
That is why when I grow up, Daddy
I want to be just like you.

Because you take the time to hold me, Daddy
I will never question in my mind
That you truly love me, Daddy
'Cause you were never hard to find.
When you hold me close to you, Daddy
I feel safe in your strong arms.
And I know, Daddy
You will keep me from all harm
Sometimes when you hold me, Daddy
You read me the Bible too.
Since I can't read yet, Daddy
I am learning about God through you.
I may be small now, Daddy
But someday that won't be true.
And I will be able to do great things, Daddy
Because of everything I learned from you.
I will have a strong faith, Daddy
Plus confidence, love, and sincerity.
And it all started, Daddy
That first day you held me.

No comments: