Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cool Temperatures


It was just a few days ago that we were in the triple digits here and then all of sudden, last night it dropped down to 48 degrees. I heard a weather man say that you know you are in September when the temperature can change by 30 degrees in just one day.

I took this picture this morning when we got up. It felt so good to feel the cool breeze against my face, but it also reminded me how blessed I am to be able to go back into our warm home.
I was reading this morning in Deuteronomy and I found a passage of scripture that seems to hit me square in the eyes....especially about this very topic. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am.

"When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day. Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down, and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied, then your heart will become proud and you will forget the Lord your God...." (Deut. 8: 10-14)

"You may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth..." (Deut. 8:17-18)

I will pray to God thanking him for the food I eat...but it seems to be more out of habit then sincere thankfulness. I will pray to God thanking him for our wonderful home, but I know I don't do it enough. I thank God for our good health but I know it's because I am scared to death that soon we might have to face a health scare. I guess it is sort of like having Christmas every day. We receive wonderful presents every day but after a while we forget to thank the person who is giving us those presents even though they deserve our thankfulness even more. Mr. G and I have been talking about this often and are trying to become better at recognizing God for the blessings in our life and not taking credit for things that were God's doing, not ours.
So on that note I would like to sincerely thank God for the beautiful weather outside. It feels so good to wear a sweatshirt and cuddle up next to someone you love when it's a little chilly outside.

Here is Baby G enjoying the cool temperatures in his sweatshirt. He is so bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning....I love it.
Even Marley is trying to stay warm by cuddling up in his bed next to all his toys.
Doesn't this picture make you want to snuggle up right next to Baby G.

And that's just what Mr. Monkey did.
And right now...Baby G is....well....he's uh...

Sound asleep right next to me while I type this. We will miss the beautiful summer days when they are gone, but we will also enjoy as much of this 70 degree weather as we can. Thank you, Lord, for days like today!!!


No comments: