Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eating Healthy

It is amazing to think that Mr. G and I have already been married for 15 1/2 months. The time has just flown by, but there has been one thing on my mind for every one of those months and that is having a baby. I have wanted to start trying for kids the moment we said "I do," but looking back I am very thankful that Mr. G and I decided to wait a little while. We had a chance to spend some wonderful quality time together getting to know each other and that has been priceless. However, I am a bit antsy to start trying for that family, and surprisingly, so is Mr. G. He is as excited about it as I am. Every night before we go to bed he will pray that the good Lord will bless us with children and that he will help us to grow to be good parents for them. I think that is so sweet.
So since we are at the point where we are trying for kids I feel it is very important to be very cautious about what I put into my body. Eating healthy isn't always easy but if it is going to be better me while we are trying to conceive then I will give it my best shot.
So I thought that I would give you an example of one of my meals.

For supper tonight I had spinach noodles with sauteed vegetables on top and a few scallops mixed in. It was actually really good and really healthy for me. All the vegetables were organic including the tomatoes from our garden. Now I am sure you are wondering what Mr. G thinks about all this healthy food. Well, if you think that Mr. G is eating the same meals as me...



...You would be WRONG!!!! Let's take a gander at Mr. G's plate for this evening. You have a large pork steak, french fries, a huge glob of ketchup and mustard mixed together, and a large glass of peach tea. This is what some would call a heart attack on a plate, but my hubby enjoyed every bite.
I was afraid that I would be tempted by his french fries or luscious chunk of meat, but honestly I wasn't. I really enjoyed my meal and I felt great after eating it. Now I just have to stay focused and eat like that for every meal. I can do it. If it means a healthy baby then I most definitely can do it.
*I had been informed that the link to the video of Mickey and his girlfriend wasn't working on the blog below so I went back through and fixed the problem. You should be able to see the video without any trouble. Thanks for your patience*

No comments: