Sunday, August 15, 2010

Trip to In-laws

We live about an hour and a half away from Mr. G's parents and, unfortunately, don't make it up there enough. I think it had been a couple months since we had been up to see them. While we were doing our renovation they were doing a bit of a renovation of their own. My mother-in-law has changed from country decor to more modern and lucky for me she is willing to give me all her old country stuff to use at our house. But this is the exit we take to their house. I can't believe how much the corn is already changing in the background. It will be fall before we know it.
I would like you to meet my mother-in-law...she is the one with a lamp shade for a head. Actually, she is a carrying a lamp that she is giving to us for our home. They are planning a rummage sale but they gave Mr. G and I first dibs on anything we wanted before they sold it. It was like Christmas in August for us.

This is one sure sign that my in-laws are okay folks. If they weren't Cardinal fans it would be tough to swallow, but it seems they might be even bigger Cardinal fans than me. Praise God.


Then we had the situation with the green chair. With everything I was deciding to take we were having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit. I actually just stood back and listened to everyone brainstorm on how to get that chair to fit. It was very interesting.



Sure....just slide the chair in straight and it should fit perfect
Uh....
No...
Never mind...

Maybe if you try it the other way...
Ok.....
Uh...
No...
That does work...
Hey...maybe we should try turning it this way....
Yeah....
Great idea....
Uh...
No....
Mmmmmmm......



Finally they got the chair in and they were able to tie everything down. So we all went inside and ate dessert. In this picture you are meeting for the first time Mr. G's dad and his sister.

This is Mr. G's sister and his parent's dog Chloe. Poor Chloe had just had a surgery of her own. She had fatty tissue taken off of her neck....suppose she should cut back on the Kibbles-n-Bits. But she seems to be back in good spirits.
We enjoyed our time with the in-laws. Once we got home and unloaded all the stuff we started to realize that there is a lot in our house that has come from either his folks or mine. If it weren't for our parents we would probably be living in a card board box.

No comments: